Thursday, February 12, 2009

We Are Still Here

Okay - been a little busy and haven't posted, I know! So here is a little update: Blake is developing a personality more and more....a personality of a two year old for sure! :) Zack is keeping somewhat busy at work, as well as playing league basketball and volleyball at the YMCA. I have been keeping busy organizing. Although if you've been to my house recently it probably doesn't look any different...toys everywhere...but inside the cabinets, dressers, etc....they're looking better! :)

Mr. Blake has really been creative lately. He definitely gets this trait from his father, as I was SO not creative growing up. Anyway, the first picture is his "hockey" gear. He watches Miracle all the time. He has totally come up with the gear here on his own....a bicycle helmet, golf club, and golf tee. He usually wears koozies on each hand for his gloves too. He picks up on something new every time he watches it....it's so fun to watch him re-enact everything!!!

These next two pictures are him wrestling. Here is the story behind these particular pictures. He comes to me in his underwear and tank. He asked me to "tuck it in" so he can wrestle. I told him that he needs to put his clothes back. He said, "My need to wrestle my football guy then my will!" I said, "Five minutes Blake". I went back about my business. After five minutes I walked into the room to find him dressed like this....

He has on my headband as his "headgear"... his socks back on as his "shoes"... a wristband around his ankle for the colored straps that wrestlers wear. I love it!




This last picture is from a few weeks back. Chevy Barnes came over for the day, and Blake absoultely had a blast. He asks for Chevy to come over almost every day now. We only had one timeout while he was here...they decided they wanted something out of the fridge and sure did help themselves! I asked them to not get in the fridge anymore....after the third time they both went to timeout. Which was actually pretty darn funny b/c it was SO far from timeout. They giggled at eachother across the room the whole time...but they stayed out of the fridge.... :)


4 comments:

Francie Roseen said...

Amy, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed Blake while at Mom & Dad's. He has such a sweet personality and watching him "do his thing" is just about hysterical! I would love to live next door and just watch him all the time!(-: You guys are doing an awesome job raising him!!

Kacie said...

I love all the imagination he's got! This age is full of ups and downs- it's so funny when they say some things, and then other times they can just be so rotten! I thought it was funny that you said Blake was repeating the words you say to him because sterling has started doing that a lot lately- he'll take my chin in his hands and say "mommy, do you understand me?" funny, I wonder how often I say that to him?!

kt :-) said...

aw man...he's getting SO big!!!!!!

PJ and Bobbi said...

an update WOULD be nice.......

love,
bobbi